maanantai 6. helmikuuta 2012

About studying different courses in SWAVE, part 3

Hey! You, reader! Yes, you! The one behind the window! I can see you...! Now, get out of there!

Before dwelling into endless depths of our short film production, I decided to tell you about the courses still to come. Of course, I can't really tell that much about stuff I've yet to experience. However, I do have the names of all the courses, and short descriptions. I'll let you know about them, and then we can together imagine what it will be like :).

By the way, I found the official English translations for the course names. Although in some cases my translations were more accurate, I decided to change every name to its official one. Even in the earlier posts.

Color theory
Okay... Apparently we're learning how colors have been used in art throughout history and what attributes they possess.

Drama and history of moving picture
Yes! We do have history of cinema! That's great. Of course, I've already been in 3 courses about history of cinema, but then again, now I can show off my intelligence in the subject matter ;).

Direction, set decoration and costume design
Hmmm... Seems more like a play sort of thing. Definitely useful, probably fun too.
One of my favorite directors, Sir Ridley Scott, started his career as a set designer, and it shows too, as an incredible amount of background detail in his films. That alone is a reason enough for me to be interested of this course.

Corporate and TV-production
Apparently this is more about how productions work in reality. A bit boresome, maybe, but useful.

Contract and copyrights
Yes. One of the most useful courses there is. Also known as "How not to get screwed over".

Printed advertising and photography
Graphic design and photographing, making posters and ads. Yes, I could definitely like this.

Editorial and news work
While in high school, I took some journalism courses. This is probably pretty much same, except more emphasis on video production part. Not too bad, I think.

Digital post-production
Both 2D and 3D, special effects, working with green/blue screen. I'll like this one.

3D-animation / Flash animation / 3D-modeling
The name says it. Three different courses, but in the same territory. Could be nice, depending on how hard the whole process is.

Theory of documentary
Yes, I'll like this one, as I'm quite interested about working on documentaries, and I'm considering making one as my bachelor's thesis.

Music video project
Many people start their careers from the realm of music videos, so no doubt it's useful. Just have to be ambitious and creative here.

...

Like I said in one of my earliest posts, SWAVE is huge and vast, and it truly is. We learn a little from almost anything you can do in the biz these days. So employment shouldn't be a problem.
Of course, there's a lot of other courses too, but I just stuck with the more interesting and differing ones. Many continuation courses (like "computer graphics 2" or "technique of editing 2") and so on.

Hope you have now a better idea what I do, or I'm about to do, in my school. Until next time.

J.

Sometimes cover songs just differ a lot from the original.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxHIVxz1K5M

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti